Translate

Saturday 3 March 2018

DOLLS FROM KYRGYZSTAN and SOUTH AFRICA, and a Diorama

Today I am listing dolls from KYRGYZSTAN and SOUTH AFRICA.  

A am also listing a little diorama which I made quite a while ago for "World Books Day".

For more pictures, and more information about the dolls, please see the website.  Just click on the "Itinerary Tab" on the Home Page, and put the Code No. in the Search Box, and it will bring up the doll  Thank you.


KYRGYZSTAN - (mother and child).
Website Id:  (Asia - Kyrgyzstan - 006 and 006A)

* * *
SOUTH AFRICA - (Ndebele Tribe)
Website Id:  (Africa - South Africa - 0039 and 0039A)

 * * *
A DIORAMA

"MR I. REED - ("SECOND HAND BOOKS")"


I made this little Diorama a few years ago for "WORLD BOOKS DAY. "

I made the doll with Fimo modelling clay, and cut up lots of pieces of wood in various sizes, to make the books.  Next I painted three sides of the wood, either with gold, or white paint.  Some I covered with scrap pieces of thin leather, some with different coloured pieces of paper, and some with ready printed book covers, which were free with a Dolls House magazine.  A couple of the boxes I made with very thin wood and added strips of silver foil down each side.  The smaller ones I made with cardboard.  The open book which Mr Reed is holding is just two pieces of wood for which I bevelled one edge on the two pieces, and covered them in the usual way.

The chair was in my "spare furniture" box, and the low table was a kit which just presses together.  I made the market stall myself.

Prop. I. REED - ("SECOND_HAND BOOKS")



 * * *

(HORSES ON ONE OF MY WALKS)


Carole
ENJOY!

* * * * * * *

No comments: