Translate

Saturday 27 October 2012

A ZULU BRIDE, and dolls from MOROCCO, MEXICO and WALES

The dolls listed here are an interesting Zulu bride doll from SOUTH AFRICA with a lovely beaded outfit, a MOROCCAN woman with a basket of beans, a Tarahumara doll from MEXICO and a little slate splitter doll from WALES. 
You can see information about the costume of the Zulu bride, information about the Mexican doll and more pictures of all these dolls on the website.
 * * * *
MINIATURE KNITTING:
I have recently started knitted some "combinations" for a 1/12th." scale male doll.  I am knitting it with sewing thread.  At the moment I am nearly at the top of one leg, and it has taken a total of ten and a half hours to knit, so far.  I will finish it eventually, although I really enjoy doing miniature knitting, so I don't mind how long it takes to knit it!
AFRICA - Zulu bride doll
(Website Id:  Africa - South Africa - 0020, 0020A and 0020B)
 MOROCCO - woman with beans
(Website Id:  Africa - Morocco - 0016)
 MEXICO - Tarahumara doll
(Website Id:  America - Mexico - 0017)
 WALES - slate splitter doll
(Website Id:  Europe - Wales - 0033)
 * * * * * * *

4 comments:

Nukke said...

Lovely dolls ! I like most that 1. doll. National costumes are all interesting !

World Costume Dolls said...

Thank you for your kind comment. I love all of these dolls, especially the Zulu bride. The bead-work is fantastic! Carole.

Julieta said...

Hi Carole,
What a lovely bride and right you're, the bead-work is great!
I also like very much to see a wooden Tarahumara (RarĂ¡muri, in their native tongue) doll. Those indigenous from Northern Mexico live under the most difficult conditions and a hard evironment, but they make lovely little dolls!!!!! I really love them! Congratulations.
Greetings from Holland,
Julieta.

World Costume Dolls said...

Hi Julieta. Thank you for your comment. I also love the Tarahumara (Raramuri) doll. I am particularly fond of tribal dolls. Greetings from Wales, U.K. Carole.