Translate

Sunday 15 July 2012

UKRAINE, NETHERLANDS, ALGERIA and LEBANON DOLLS (and Planganologist)

PLANGANOLOGIST.
A few years ago I read that a planganologist is the name given to a person who collects dolls, and that it comes from the Greek word "plangon" meaning doll.  I have never heard of this term since so I have looked it up on Google, and sure enough it says that a Planganologist is a collector of dolls, but it does not mention "plangon" being the Greek word for doll.  So now you know (if you didn't already know before!)  I like to know these things!
Here I am listing dolls from UKRAINE, NETHERLANDS, ALGERIA and LEBANON.
For more pictures and information, please see the website.  Thank you.  Carole.
UKRAINE - (welcoming doll)
(Website Id:  Europe - Ukraine - 006)
 NETHERLANDS - (Achterhoek, Gelderland)
(workers costume)
(Website Id:  Europe - Netherlands - 0014, 0014A and 0014B)
ALGERIA - (Petitcolin doll)
(Website Id:  Africa - Algeria - 005)
 ALGERIA 
(Website Id:  Africa - Algeria - 004)
 LEBANON - (Two dolls.  Not a pair)
(Website Id:  Asia - Lebanon - 009)
 * * * * * * *

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog. It is the most wonderful miniature dolls - they must take such a long time to make; all those tiny details. Amazing!!

World Costume Dolls said...

Thank you! I enjoy making the dioramas.