Translate

Thursday 5 May 2011

NEW DOLLS ON WEBSITE

DOLLS FROM SIX COUNTRIES
Sweden, Israel, England, India, Kenya and Zimbabwe.
NOTE:
Several people have contacted me and it is now a unanimous decision that the doll on this Blog, which I originally thought may be from France, is actually a doll from Israel, and was made by Isradoll.  I have now amended it accordingly.  Thank you so much to those who contacted me.  Carole.
For further information and more pictures, please see the website.
SWEDEN
Id. no:  Europe - Sweden - 0017
 ISRAEL
Id. no:  Asia - Israel - 0017
 ENGLAND
Morris dancer
Id. no:  Europe - England - 0053
 INDIA
Id. no:  Asia - India - 0025
 KENYA
Id. no: Africa - Kenya - 003 and 003A

 ZIMBABWE
Id. no:  Africa - Zimbabwe - 006


2 comments:

zinzovskis said...

I think the doll from France is actually a vintage doll from Israel of a woman celebrating the Sabbath with the candles.
Best wishes
Sacha

World Costume Dolls said...

Thank you Sacha. I am inclined to agree with you. I am so curious to know why the doll is wearing a costume which appears to be French, although the doll itself is made just as the Sabra dolls. Carole.